Today I present you a short interview with a player I recently discovered on YT:
A former pro player getting back to Mahjong – Gentaro (げんたろ)!
1. When did you start playing Riichi Mahjong?
About 15 years ago.
2. What do you like the most about the game?
3. How often do you play?
Daily (ca. 3 games).
4. Online or live Mahjong – which one do you prefer and why?
I like both.
5. How do you practice/learn strategy & theory?
I read books and review my games.
6. Favorite Yakuman?
7. Any tournament achievements?
I few years ago I won a tournament in Kyoto.
8. Biggest Mahjong related dream?
To rank up on Tenhou (current rank: 7d)
9. Quick tip for Mahjong beginners?
Learn & practice defense.
May Yakuman be with you!