Another interview and another Polish player who’s been around since… forever! Jakub Tomaszewski!
1. How did you start playing Riichi?
At an anime convention in Warsaw – Animatsuri 2008.
2. What do you like the most about it?
Vastness of possibilities and human interaction during a game.
3. How often do you play?
Not often enough.
4. Online or live Mahjong – which one do you prefer and why?
Live for interaction with other people – laughing, emotions, bluffing…
5. How do you practice/learn strategy & theory?
Trial in fire – in play I trust – no actual theory lerning.
6. Favorite Yakuman?
Chūren Pōtō – 九連宝燈.
7. Any tournament achievements?
35th at ERMC 2016 in Farnham, 5th at DORC 2015 in Bielawa and 1st at HachiHachi Taikai 2013 in Warsaw.
8. Biggest Mahjong related dream?
Go back to regular playing face to face.
9. Quick tip for Mahjong beginners?
Never give up! Never Surrender! Even most discouraging hand can yield wonderful results.
May Yakuman be with you!