Today’s guest of the Krabman Show is Bartek Żuk, a well known member of the Polish Mahjong community!
1. How did you start playing Riichi?
Looked it up on the internet when my University closed down its bridge club.
2. What do you like the most about it?
Competing with strong players.
3. How often do you play?
Irregularly (2-50 hanchans/month).
4. Online or live Mahjong – which one do you prefer and why?
Live mahjong, cannot get serious when playing online, getting distracted while watching movies, etc.
5. How do you practice/learn strategy & theory?
Mostly online (sadly), learning from my own mistakes + occasionally watching Riichi tournament recordings on YouTube.
6. Favorite Yakuman?
Ryuu Iisou 「緑一色」.
7. Any tournament achievements?
Top16 WRC2014. (Huge props! – Krabman)
8. Biggest Mahjong related dream?
Top1 WRC 20XX :P, at least one “live” yakuman a year.
9. Quick tip for Mahjong beginners?
Defend instead of attacking when your oponnent(s) Riichi and your hand is garbage/would be great but it’s still far away from winning.
That’s all. Thanks again, Bartek!
May Yakuman be with you!