Here’s in interview with one of the most active players on Osamuko Discord – WhITelion!
1. How did you start playing Riichi?
I knew basics about the game from Gamble Fish, read Akagi a little while later, and things took off from there.
2. What do you like the most about it?
Definitely the game’s strategic aspects.
3. How often do you play?
Depends on my schedule, but at least once a day.
4. Online or live Mahjong – which one do you prefer and why?
Online. I probably sit in front of my monitor for at least 1/4 of my day. It’s just more convenient.
5. How do you practice/learn strategy & theory?
I just play the game.
6. Favorite Yakuman?
Tenhou. If I ever get one in live play I’ll just lay down my hand and go to the washroom, leaving everyone in shock.
7. Any tournament achievements?
If getting 66/68 in IORMC 2016 counts, yes.
8. Biggest Mahjong related dream?
Get at least 8 Dan before I become a working member of society.
9. Quick tip for Mahjong beginners?
Mindset, definitely. It is a very important aspect of your game.
May Yakuman be with you!